Friday, August 1, 2008

It's the 1st of August!!!

OH MY~ Where on earth has the summer gone? I know that a lot of you are doing the last minute things to get your little ones, and not so little ones ready for school.....doesn't it seem like they just finished the school year? Okay, maybe not for ALL of you! LOL

I always loved the summer when the kids were out of school...we had so much fun! And somehow, now that they are grown and have kids of their own...summer just doesn't feel the same! Of course, depending on where you live? Summer may not have shown up yet for you! I think that up to this point, there have been maybe 5 days that felt like summer here on the
Oregon Coast, where I live!! Today it is raining! But, they are promising warm weather next week....we'll see just how it goes!

The website has kept Brenda and I very busy! I finally got my jar candles poured and added to the site...also did some Jar Warmer Tarts...they will be uploaded sometime this weekend...My Votives? Poured and waiting to come out of the molds...they too, will hit the site in the next day or two!

Along with those, I did a bunch of Beeswax and Beeswax & Lavender Thread Cakes. I love them, and am never without one. If you haven't used one, and you do any hand-sewing at all...you really need one! You run your thread through the Beeswax, and it keeps the thread from tangling, helps to thread that too small needle eye, and it makes the thread go through the fabric so nicely! I have to say..I love mine, and they make all the difference in the world!

Brenda has been busy, and has put the cutest set of Witch Shoes and Pumpkins...it is a pattern by Sue at Oodlekadoodle....we both love her patterns! (Have I mentioned that before?!!) Brenda is getting ready for her folks' visit....she has all kinds of fun stuff planned for them to do, so she may be missing for a week...but never fear....you will have me! Lucky, lucky you!

I hope that you all have an awesome week!

No comments: