Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Another day in Ashland....it is

HOT! Hot, hot!! Today it is 104*, and it is warm!! Although, it is another beautiful day. And, they got all the fires out last night....turns out that there were actually 3 that started yesterday! It is so dry, and with the wind, it doesn't take long!

The car is still in........it looks like it will be tomorrow....he is having to rebuild it. The one he had wouldn't work.

We called the kids today.......oh, how hard that was. We won't be going to GA or FL. Max and I are heartbroken.....but, hopefully, we will get there sometime soon. It is just that it has been two years, and we need to see and hold those babies.....and meet Katie.........(she is Katie-did to me, in my thoughts....will be fun to see how she fits that tag I have given her!) The bright spot...(there's always got to be a bright spot, right?), is that the Postal Service will be making a small fortune from me.....lots of stuff to send on!

Now there is one thing that you probably don't know about me....okay, Brandi has it figured out...and I know that Deanna knows.......I cannot travel without junk food. I think that it is yet, another one of those unwritten laws.....(my Mom taught me......and she always follows the rules). Now, add to that the fact that I am a stress eater........(raising my right hand, here, and repeating solemnly...."my name is Jan....and I am a stress eater).....LOL...and Max is always up for junk food.....(he never gains a pound, how unfair is that?)...this is what we had....some of it left Florence with us yesterday, but in all honesty? The majority came from the Chevron Mart that was next to the motel last night......are you ready? REALLY ready? Look carefully.....

So, what is missing? A bag of popcorn......a pepsi, and some chocolate-chili bars...those are in the car.....melting, even as we speak. As are the ones that I got the girls....luckily, I stashed them in a freezer bag...so they won't be muckin' up the rest of the stuff!

Update on the car....no go.....seems the owner (who was the one who was doing all the work on the car...so please don't call, because it is so technical.....and he would just get confused? And it would slow him down? You know...that guy? Well, we got there when we were told too....he unfortunately chose to not be there.......so we waited and waited.....met the guy who was actually doing the work....who was young, but looked like he knew what he was doing...(well, he had blue surgeons' gloves on...and a headband...)....told us that the boss would be back in about 20 minutes......so, I felt good about him....you know...gloves and all?....welllllll, we went outside and sat on the bench to wait, and I admired Caroles Colors....lovely flower beds...I must say.....and then up came this cute little car, with this cute little girl.....who bounced up to the door, and we told her that the owner was gone, but was expected back...she had a lovely pout...so we sent her on in, around the corner and through the kitchen...and there was the "guy with the gloves".....who she quickly grabbed and out he came, in he went, back he came with a thingymajiggy to hook to something...he managed to honk the horn...(I am getting a bit nervous here...he had taken his gloves off...), and then he popped the hood, and looked up at the sky (looking for directions maybe?), and then he poked about on top.....(remember...no gloves.......), and the next thing I know...he is peeking out at the girl.....and then really looks.....(she is looking at him...)....and the next thing we know...his headband is off, and he is driving off with the girl....test drive, I guess.....all I know is we sat there for about 45 minutes more, when another guy shows up to tell us that the owner called and we should go home...it won't be ready until late tomorrow.......at the earliest.....HELLO, we knew that...the guy who was working on it is driving around town with the cute little blonde...no headband.......

No comments: