Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gettysburg Homestead Exchange!

You should see the goodies I received!! I am so thrilled!! For those who didn't know...Mary at Gettysburg Homestead had a Christmas Exchange, and I signed up. I haven't done an exchange in ages.....and so decided to go for it!

Last week, I was greeted by this HUGE box when we got home! It was unbelievable!! OH, I should tell you, that Char from The Pickled Pepper Patch, was my swap partner. And, for those of you who don't follow her blog? You HAVE to go and Follow her! She has the greatest tutorials you have ever seen! Need to have some inspiration? She's the one!! Anyway, back to my box! I was headed to bed, and Max brought in the box from the deck and said..."Oh, Jan? Before you head to bed? Maybe you should check the mail?" I said "tomorrow"...he said, "No, really, today"....so I reversed direction and lo and behold...there the box was, in all it's glory!


So, grabbed a pair of scissors and went to work.....and could not believe my eyes, and I pulled goodies out of the box!



First these handstitched pillows and the waayyy too cute Elf Stocking:


And then these darling handstitched pillow ornies:


I found this....(this was her "Thrift Store Find"...she said that they were baby themed boxes! Who would have thought? She remade them into this awesome stacking set with the grungy lamp....she even grunged the bulb) Can this girl create or what?


And this: OH! And some of her awesome Cinna-bun tarts...forgot to photo them...they went into all my tart burners, and the house smells sooooooo good!


I don't have my Christmas decorations up yet....I am way behind this year...but I do have Char's goodies up...





And my Pillows are at home on the couch
So, did I score or what? Thanks so much Char!!! It was so much fun! And, I hope your like your goodies as much as I love mine!!!

8 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow...You did score really well. I love Chars Blog...Wish i lived in America..I could swap until i dropped then..lol
Have a great Christmas and New Year Sweetie..
Hugs Tanyax

Donna said...

Char is a very talented gal! And you are a lucky gal to get her as a partner in a swap! Enjoy all those goodies!

Jan said...

Tanya....I've been thinking of you! Headed over to your blog last night and got side-tracked...which happens way to often some days!!!

Jan said...

Hi, Donna! I was a lucky girl! I could not believe who I got, when Mary emailed the info!! No pressure there!!! Now, I am waiting anxiously to see if she likes it!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

AWESOME!!!!! Looks like you had an awesome swap Jan. Hope you had fun.

Mary

Pam said...

You got spoiled! Love all of your swap goodies!!! I love Char's blog...she's great!!!

Pam

Lisa said...

Wow! So many awesome goodies!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Great gifts, what a wonderful exchange!